Revised: Jan 20, 2011
A. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT
B. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
To obtain and use the Services, you will be required to register with Kidzmet® by completing a registration form and designating a username and password. When registering with Kidzmet® you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof).
You may authorize third parties to access or use certain categories of Services on your behalf within your personal profile. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify Kidzmet® of any unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security. Kidzmet® cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of your account.
C. CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND SOLICITATION
By registering with Kidzmet®, you understand that we may send you communications or data from Kidzmet® regarding the Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of the Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding Kidzmet’s products and services, via email.
D. USER CONDUCT/ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You may not use the Services in any way that violates applicable federal, state, or international law, or for any unlawful purpose. You may not use the Services to send, receive, or download messages or materials that are inappropriate or violate the intellectual property rights of Kidzmet® or others.
To the extent that the Services provide Users an opportunity to post, store and exchange reviews, information, data, photographs, communications, footage and ideas (“User Content”), you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, Kidzmet®, its contractors, and the users of the Kidzmet® Site an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, paid-in-full, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly display, and distribute such content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such content, including a User’s likeness. This license does not grant Kidzmet® the right to sell User Content or otherwise distribute it outside of Kidzmet’s Services. Kidzmet® does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content; you continue to retain all ownership rights in such User Content.
Kidzmet® reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine whether and what action to take in response to each such notification, and any action or inaction in a particular instance shall not dictate or limit Kidzmet’s response to a future complaint. You acknowledge and agree that Kidzmet® shall not assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by Kidzmet® with respect to any User Content. Users shall remain solely responsible for User Content, and any material or information transmitted to other Users for interaction with other Users.
Additionally, Kidzmet® reserves the right to terminate your access to and use of the Services, if, in our view, your conduct fails to meet any of the following guidelines for User conduct:
Kidzmet® reserves the right, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason or no reason, to delete any User Content or to terminate access to and use of the Services by any User.
- You may not attempt to harm, disrupt, or otherwise engage in activity that diminishes or degrades, the Kidzmet® Site, computer systems and network, or the Services.
- You may not attempt to interfere with any other person’s use of the Services.
- You may not misrepresent your identity or impersonate any person, or use the account, username, or password of another User at any time.
- You may not attempt to gain access to any account, computers or networks related to the Services without authorization.
- You may not attempt to obtain any data through any means from the Services, except if we intend to provide or make it available to you.
- You may not attempt to charge others to use the Services either directly or indirectly.
- You may not cover or obscure advertisements on any page of the Kidzmet® Site.
- You may not use the Services to participate in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- You may not engage in any illegal or unauthorized copying of another person’s copyrighted or copyrightable work, including, but not limited to, (1) pirated computer programs or links to them, (2) information which circumvents manufacturer-installed, copy-protect devices, (3) pirated music or links to pirated music files, or (4) otherwise violates another person’s proprietary rights.
- You may not provide instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses.
- You may not use the Services to send, either directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk e-mail or communications to any members outside of your network–either with a Family or an Event Manager profile.
- You may not use the Services to exploit people in a sexual or violent manner.
- You may not use the Services to solicit personal information from anyone under 18.
- You may not use the Services to solicit passwords or personal identifiable information for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- You may not use the Services for defaming, abusing, harassing, stalking, threatening or otherwise violating the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- You may not use the Services to send or otherwise make available, any material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights to such material or have received all necessary consents.
- You may not use the Services to send or otherwise making available any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property.
- You may not use the Services to download any material sent by another User of the Services that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- You may not use the Services to violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable to the Services or the Site.
- You may not use the Services to harvest or otherwise collect information about others.
- You may not attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, copy, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software used or provided by Kidzmet® in connection with the Kidzmet® Site or Services.
All judgments concerning the applicability of these guidelines shall be at the sole and exclusive discretion of Kidzmet®. Should your access to and use of the Services be terminated, you have the right to appeal such termination by writing to email@example.com.
E. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND NOTICES
All contents of the Kidzmet’s Site and Services including but not limited to design, text, software, technical drawings, configurations, graphics, other files, and their selection and arrangement (“Content”) are: Copyright © 2011 Frontsiders, LLC and/or the proprietary property of Frontsiders, LLC’s suppliers, affiliates, or licensors. Content may not be reproduced, modified, derivative works created from, displayed, performed, published, distributed, disseminated, broadcasted or circulated to any third party (including, without limitation, the display and distribution of the material via a third party Web sites or other networked computer environment) without the express prior written consent of Kidzmet® and/or it suppliers, affiliates, or licensors. All rights reserved.
Kidzmet, Kidzmet.com, the Kidzmet® logo, Kids’ Enrichment Concierge, and Kidzmet® are including without limitation, either trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks of Frontsiders, LLC, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without Kidzmet’s prior written permission or that of our suppliers or licensors. Other product and company names may be trade or service marks of their respective owners.
F. THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES AND SERVICES
The Services provide access to User Content and contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with certain functionality and access to other third party content, including Web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole. We may also provide some content to you as part of the Services. We are not responsible for any User Content or other third party content you access with the Services, and you irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites and User Content or other third party content. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before relying on any User Content or information provided on the Kidzmet® site by any Kidzmet® Party and before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You are solely responsible for your use of any User Content or information provided on the Kidzmet® site by any Kidzmet® Party and for your dealings with any third party related to the Services, including the delivery of and payment for goods and services.
H. KIDZMET® MAKES NO WARRANTIES
Kidzmet® intends for the information contained on its Site and Services to be accurate and reliable; however, errors sometimes may occur. In addition, Kidzmet® may make changes and improvements to the information provided herein at any time.
KIDZMET® PROVIDES ITS SITE AND SERVICES “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, KIDZMET®, ITS AFFILIATES, RESELLERS, DISTRIBUTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND/OR SUPPLIERS (EACH, AN “KIDZMET® PARTY,” AND COLLECTIVELY, THE “KIDZMET® PARTIES”) MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE KIDZMET® PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (1) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (2) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (3) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEB SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE FACE OF THIS CONTRACT.
I. LIABILITY LIMITATION; YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
IN NO EVENT WILL ANY KIDZMET® PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, BASED ON, OR RESULTING FROM THIS CONTRACT, YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE, OR YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE KIDZMET® SITE PROVIDED BY ANY KIDZMET® PARTY, USER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY, EVEN IF SUCH KIDZMET® PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES UNDER SECTION J IS INDEPENDENT OF YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SURVIVES IN THE EVENT SUCH REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR IS OTHERWISE DEEMED UNENFORCEABLE. THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM (1) BREACH OF CONTRACT, (2) BREACH OF WARRANTY, (3) NEGLIGENCE, OR (4) ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS ARE NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE, YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS CONTRACT, OR YOU HAVE ANY OTHER DISPUTE OR CLAIM WITH OR AGAINST ANY KIDZMET® PARTY WITH RESPECT TO THIS CONTRACT OR THE SERVICE, THEN YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE.
J. CHANGES TO THE SERVICE; ADDITIONAL LIABILITY LIMITATION
WE MAY CHANGE THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICE OR DELETE FEATURES AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERAL NATURE OF SECTIONS H AND I, THE KIDZMET® PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR (1) ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INFRINGING, INACCURATE, OBSCENE, INDECENT, THREATENING, OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY, TORTIOUS, OR ILLEGAL CONTENT, OR (2) ANY THIRD PARTY CONDUCT, TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA. IN ADDITION, WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF SECTIONS H AND I, KIDZMET® IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR (1) ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER DISABLING FEATURES THAT AFFECT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES, (2) ANY INCOMPATIBILITY BETWEEN THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES AND OTHER WEB SITES, SERVICES, SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE, (3) ANY DELAYS OR FAILURES YOU MAY EXPERIENCE IN INITIATING, CONDUCTING OR COMPLETING ANY TRANSMISSIONS OR TRANSACTIONS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES IN AN ACCURATE OR TIMELY MANNER, OR (4) ANY DAMAGES OR COSTS OF ANY TYPE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF ANY SOFTWARE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM THIRD PARTIES THROUGH LINKS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
L. UNITED STATES EXPORT CONTROLS
Software available in connection with the Kidzmet® Services is further subject to United States export controls. No software may be downloaded from the Kidzmet® Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of United States export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
M. TERMINATION OF SERVICE
We may terminate or suspend your access to the Services at any time, in our sole discretion, without cause and/or without notice. Upon termination, your right to use the Services stops immediately. ONCE THE SERVICES ARE CANCELLED OR SUSPENDED, ANY DATA YOU HAVE STORED ON KIDZMET’S SYSTEMS MAY NOT BE RETRIEVED LATER.
N. CHOICE OF LAW AND LOCATION FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES
O. NOTICES TO KIDZMET®
You may notify us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at:
c/o Frontsiders, LLC
P.O. Box 1478
Summerland, CA 93067
P. OTHER TERMS